We are thankful for beauty of autumn, this generous community, and the opportunity to mark our 17th anniversary with exciting news. WYP has just launched Bridge to Nature, a partnership with area schools to make our nature connection programs a part of the school day for 300 local students at six elementary schools. The chance to take these students outside during the school day to learn, connect, grow and play represents a profound and important shift in the way our community values time in nature.
“The evidence is clear – getting children outdoors is fantastic for their health, wellbeing and learning and can set them on a pathway to happy, healthy and environmentally sustainable lifestyles. Schools are community gateways to enable these opportunities for all children.”*
Meeting students during the school day at schools with a very high percentage of students participating in the FRPM (free and reduced price meals) is the best way we know to strive for equity in delivering our programs, overcoming barriers of accessibility, affordability, and awareness. This means we have 300 more students in need of full scholarships to participate for the entire year.
On the first day of programs, the students were overflowing with joy and wonder. Most of them have never done anything like this before. If you were with us that day, here’s what you would have heard: “We could live out here!” “This is the best day ever!”
Thanks to visionary supporters, we have already secured 71% of the $261,000 needed AND we have a matching donor who will MATCH each of your gifts. Be a part of building the Bridge to Nature with your donation today.
- $___ It takes a village. Anything you can contribute will help us serve the kids who need us most.
- $35 Purchases a set of knives for outdoor skills- one of our best ways to excite kids.
- $130 It takes just ten of you to donate at this level to fund an entire year’s scholarship.
- $260 Funds Wilderness First Aid certification for a counselor.
- $680 Funds a full scholarship to summer camp for one of our school year participants.
- $1,300 This level of support will provide an entire year’s scholarship for one participant.
- $5,300 With just three donors at this level, the entire year of one program will be funded.
- $16,000 One donor at this level will fund an entire year of programming for Jr. High school participants.
- $40,000 New Passenger Van – To increase capacity and serve youth who do not have transportation to the programs.
- New Mac laptop for computer presentations, slide shows, graphics
Wilderness Youth Project is a 501 (c) (3) non profit organization incorporated in the State of California. All contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. Contact Michelle 964-8096 or email@example.com for more details.
TAX ID #: 77-0526117
Other Ways to Donate
Donate by Mail or Credit Card
Mail a donation to our address (5386 Hollister Ave. Suite D SB, CA 93111) or call the office (805.964.8096) to donate by credit card
Offer a Matching Grant
Challenges and matching grants motivate others to give.
Donate Goods or Services
- Donate Supplies such as: healthy food for our programs, backpacking or camping gear, sit –on- top kayaks, office furniture and plants, first aid Supplies, shade canopy, soft “Doyle” surf boards
- Donate Goods for Resale to raise funds, such as a vehicle or an art piece
- Donate Services such as: professional consulting, graphic design, event planning, catering, financial services
Donate Through Your DAF (Donor Advised Fund)
Business or Corporate Contributors
- Please ask about our giving program for businesses and corporations. Contact us at 964-8096 or email firstname.lastname@example.org