A winter of rain brought great joy to the mud-splashing nature connected kids of Wilderness Youth Project. Deep green hillsides and storm-washed beaches provided a Santa Barbara version of a winter wonderland. As we prepare to connect with 400+ kids in summer camp, we look forward to exploring water in the Santa Ynez river and a verdant front-country.
We need your support to keep on connecting Santa Barbara’s children with nature. All children need nature (for their health and well-being). Nature needs children because children who grow up connected to nature are the ones who will grow up to protect her. Our supporters are the heart and soul of WYP: every “aha moment,” every “this is the best day of my life,” every school essay and poem written about outdoor adventures, happens thanks to you. I’m going to share with you just one example of what WYP is accomplishing:
With our new initiative, Bridge to Nature, we’ve partnered with eleven local classrooms at Title 1 schools to provide WYP as part of the school day. We’ll be providing 50 full scholarships to summer camp for these students.
“WYP has been a positive experience for our students, and one that they would otherwise not get. I love how they come back and are so excited and want to share how their day went. They are bringing what they are learning in WYP to the classroom; they are writing narratives about WYP, understanding science through hands-on learning and vocalizing how happy they are and how much they love to be outdoors. Thank you very much for what you all are doing.” -Marlen Limon, 4th grade teacher, Franklin Elementary
Wilderness Youth Project is here thanks to you. This year, we need to raise $650,000 to keep being the bridge to nature for the youth of our community. I hope you’ll consider a donation, and I hope you are having your own experience of nature connection this season.
WYP strives for equity, working to include students from diverse backgrounds of ethnicity, ability and socioeconomic status. Our goal is to mirror the demographics of Santa Barbara and Goleta.
- $___ It takes a village. Anything you can contribute will help us serve the kids who need us most.
- $35 Purchases a set of knives for outdoor skills- one of our best ways to excite kids.
- $130 It takes just ten of you to donate at this level to fund an entire year’s scholarship.
- $260 Funds Wilderness First Aid certification for a counselor.
- $680 Funds a full scholarship to summer camp for one of our school year participants.
- $1,300 This level of support will provide an entire year’s scholarship for one participant.
- $5,300 With just three donors at this level, the entire year of one program will be funded.
- $16,000 One donor at this level will fund an entire year of programming for Jr. High school participants.
- $40,000 New Passenger Van – To increase capacity and serve youth who do not have transportation to the programs.
- New Mac laptop for computer presentations, slide shows, graphics
Wilderness Youth Project is a 501 (c) (3) non profit organization incorporated in the State of California. All contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. Contact Michelle 964-8096 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
TAX ID #: 77-0526117
Other Ways to Donate
Donate by Mail or Credit Card
Mail a donation to our address (5386 Hollister Ave. Suite D SB, CA 93111) or call the office (805.964.8096) to donate by credit card
Offer a Matching Grant
Challenges and matching grants motivate others to give.
Donate Goods or Services
- Donate Supplies such as: healthy food for our programs, backpacking or camping gear, sit –on- top kayaks, office furniture and plants, first aid Supplies, shade canopy, soft “Doyle” surf boards
- Donate Goods for Resale to raise funds, such as a vehicle or an art piece
- Donate Services such as: professional consulting, graphic design, event planning, catering, financial services
Donate Through Your DAF (Donor Advised Fund)
Business or Corporate Contributors
- Please ask about our giving program for businesses and corporations. Contact us at 964-8096 or email email@example.com