School Year 20/21 with Wilderness Youth Project
- Wilderness Youth Project (WYP) is running in-person programs for school year 2020/21 with COVID-19 protocols approved by SB County Public Health.
- Most families participate with us 1 day a week (except for Wooly Bears, which is a 2 day minimum)
- Review our COVID Program Plan
- Review our Caregiver Protocols
- Review our meet up schedule for Winter here.
- Thank you for your patience and understanding as demand is high for our programs and we are committed to keeping our programs accessible to a broad range of SB youth and families.
School Year Session 2020/21:
Fall (August 24th- December 18th)
Winter: January 11th- March 19th (WYP meets on Martin Luther King Jr’s & President’s Day)
*Time change during Winter 2021:
- Starting February 1st, Herons and Scrub Jays will end at 6pm. Tiburones will end at 6:30pm.
Starting February 15th, all other after school programs will end at 6pm.
Spring: March 29th- May 28th (WYP runs through all Holidays)
We have a few spots available for the Winter session. Take a look HERE FOR OPEN SPOTS. Otherwise, please join our waitlists for Winter 2021, if the spot you desire is not available. We will be in touch if a spot becomes available.
Make sure to sign your child IN and OUT each day with her/his counselor.
Pack plenty of drinking water. Backpacks should have padded shoulder straps and not be too large (your child will be carrying them most of the time).
Pack multiple snacks and please limit sugar.
Apply sun-block before leaving home and we will re-apply during the session, if necessary.
Hats are great.
Your child may come home wet and dirty. If you have somewhere to go right after camp, consider bringing a change of clothes and a towel for the car ride home.
More Parent Resources