Michelle Howard & Erika Lindemann are interviewed on KZSB AM 1290 (Feb. 2015) ~ Listen
Michelle Howard and Andrew Lindsey are interviewed on 92.2 Kjee (Jan. 2015) ~ Listen
Dan Fontaine and board member Bridget Lewin are interviewed on KZSB AM 1290 ~ Listen
Articles of Interest
Wilderness Youth Project in the News
Wilderness Youth Project Receives Major Funding And Matching Challenge Grant Noozhawk September 2020
- Wilderness Youth Project takes Children into Santa Barbara County’s Glorious Outdoors for Lessons that will Last a Lifetime SB Family & Life Magazine Dec. 2017
- Ben Romo: Dan Fontaine has Wilderness Youth Project Connecting Children, Nature Noozhawk Dec. 2017
- Outdoor Education a Plus for Lessons in Science and Language Arts SB Independent Nov. 2017
- No Child Left Inside: the Movement Needs an Epicenter Huffington Post Oct. 2017
- Wilderness Youth Project Launches “Bridge to Nature” Community Fundraising Campaign Santa Barbara Seasons Sept. 2017
- EarthEd Rethinking Education on a Changing Planet David Sobel Island Press 2017
- “Wilderness Youth Project Now Enrolling for School Year Programs” Noozhawk, Aug. 2016
- “The S.B. Questionnaire: Dan Fontaine” Santa Barbara Independent, July 2016
- Wilderness Youth Project to Launch Early Childhood Program Noozhawk, April 2016
- “How to Grow an Outdoor Kid” White Ledge Outdoor Journal Spring 2016
- “The Call of the Wild” Santa Barbara Sentinel, Jan/Feb. 2015
- “For Many Wilderness Youth Project Kids, Time in Nature a Transformative Experience — Inside and Out” Noozhawk, Dec. 2014
- “Wilderness Youth Project Maps Virtual Giving Campaign to Fuel 2015 Programs” Noozhawk, Nov. 2014
- “Wilderness Youth Project Fosters a Nature Connection with Kids” Noozhawk Nov. 2014
- “The Wilderness Youth Project, Beyond the Classroom” Santa Barbara Seasons (www.sbseasons.com), 2006
- “Trail Quest: Wilderness Youth Project” James Wapotich, Songs of the Wilderness, March 2012.
- “The Great Outdoors: Wilderness Youth Project…” Amy Asman, Santa Maria Sun, January 2012.
Other Articles of Interest
- “Look, Don’t Touch. The Problem with Environmental Education” David Sobel, Orion Magazine, July/Aug 2012.
- “Attention Disorder or Not, Pills to Help in School” Alan Schwarz, The New York Times, October 2012.
- “What if the Secret to Success is Failure?” Paul Tough, The New York Times, September 2011.
- “The Great Environmental Crisis No One Talks About” George Monbiot, AlterNet, November 2012.
- “Growing Up Denatured” Bradford McKee, The New York Times, April 2005.
- “The Nature Cure: Take Two Hours of Pine Forest and Call Me in the Morning” Florence Williams, Outside Magazine, Nov/Dec 2012.
- “Simon Says Don’t Use Flashcards” Tara Parker-Pope, The New York Times, August 2012.
- “The Creativity Crisis” Po Bronson/Ashley Merryman, Newsweek, July 2010.
- “The Nurture of Nature” Ethan Stewart, Independent, May 2011.
- “Bridging the Green Divine” David Kupfer, The Sun Magazine, March 2008.
- “Many Thanks: The Revolutionary Practice of Gratitude” Gregg Krech, The Sun Magazine, December 2004.
- “Adelante Charter School’s STEM Program Yields High Science Scores” Sheila Cullen, Noozhawk, September 2013.
- Natural-terrain Schoolyards Reduce Children’s Stress, Says CU-Boulder Study” Louise Chawla, University of Boulder Website, July 2014.
Tree of Peace Society (Jake Swamp founder)