Volunteer with WYP!
WYP offers volunteer opportunities all year long. Volunteer Julia shares how she benefited:
"Volunteering with WYP really refreshed my perspective on life. Spending time in nature and seeing things through the eyes of children and playing and exploring alongside them left me energized and de-stressed. I enjoyed the child-centered approach of WYP, and I believe that approach can help kids develop a more personal connection with nature. "
WHAT QUALITIES DOES A GOOD/IDEAL VOLUNTEER NEED TO HAVE?
- Age 18 and older
- Ability to receive and respond to e-mails
- Curiosity about nature & the outdoors
- Can commit to either 1-2 weeks in the summer, or once a week/~10 weeks during the school year
THREE STEPS TO BECOME A WYP VOLUNTEER:
- Complete the Application Form
- Attend our next Volunteer Orientation
- Fill out our standard waiver and complete our finger-printing process (Live Scan Form).