Your support will grow smarter, healthier, happier kids.
You are invited to make a difference. WYP mentors kids in nature to help them grow into strong confident members of the community. Research has shown that the two tools WYP uses, professional mentoring and time in nature, can nurture and grow more successful children.
Your financial support of WYP stays in the community, enables us to retain our world-class staff and reach underserved kids who stand to benefit from this program. That translates to your donations making for a better world.
Your gift helps…
- Provide scholarships to 70% of our participants
- Grow smarter, healthier, happier kids
- Mentor children
- Advance equitable access to time outdoors
- Eliminate nature deficit disorder
Other Ways to Give
- Put WYP in your will. Estate, real property and endowment gifts mean you can leave a legacy of nature connection.
- Donate Stock
What parents and teachers say about WYP
After a visit to Wilderness Youth Project, renowned educator and author David Sobel wrote: "Your program is doing EXACTLY what I've been talking about for the last twenty years as I work with educators towards outdoor education. You hit every single point I discuss as criteria for an effective outdoor education program."
"We appreciate everything WYP has done for our own children, as well as the community at large. The WYP staff are unmatched in their professionalism, expertise, outdoor safety skills, and genuine understanding of how to authentically open up the world of nature to children of all ages."
“We have witnessed a significant transformation in our daughter since she joined WYP. Her confidence has boosted, her listening skills improved, her love and connection for the earth and for her teachers and friends have blossomed.”
Happy Parent of a Preschool-Age Participant
“This is so...beautiful. I had no idea this kind of place even existed here. It’s where we live. I can’t believe I spend so much time with my friends just in our rooms, on our phones, sad. We just look at our phones and feel bad about ourselves. We could be here- outside- looking at this instead!”
Grateful Middle School Student on Her First Outing to Red Rock
“WYP has been a place of respite and solace for our child, a place to regain a sense of self and connect him once again to the beauty and invaluable lessons of the natural world. The talented and well- trained staff have expertly utilized their skills to help our child build social bridges and confidence in challenging social situations - experiences and relationships that have been a salve on a wounded heart. ”
Appreciative Parent of a 6 Year Old Participant
Does your business want to join us?
There are multiple ways your business can support Wilderness Youth Project!
- Team up with another artist or business like DJ Javier with Marmot and Huckberry
- Donate a percentage of sales like Blue Planet Eco-Eyewear and Deckers Brands
- Encourage giving back on Giving Tuesday like Huckberry
- Become a monthly donor
- If your company is a 1% for the planet member, like Jules by the Sea and Solminer Wine, choose to donate to WYP as your 1% Environmental Partner